Wednesday, February 8, 2012

WritersUA Conference for Software User Assistance: Contest!

I just found out through the Mid-South Chapter of the Society for Technical Communication on Linkedin that there's an awesome contest going on through always-informative TechWr-L (or TechWhirl, as they're more commonly known these days)!

They're looking for bloggers to cover the Conference for Software User Assistance here in Memphis. Here's more information about the contest. It looks like a great opportunity for an aspiring tech writer like myself to learn a huge amount about the world of software user assistance.

So, TechWhirl, why should you pick me?
  • I'm an Honors student in Professional Writing at the University of Memphis, so it will be a snap for me to attend the conference. 
  • My perspective, as a student, will be interesting to a new generation of tech writers as well as those with years of experience in the profession.  
  • My career goals are at the intersection of writing and technology, so this conference is perfectly suited to my professional interests.
  • I'm a digital native, and my writing is top-notch. Readers will benefit from my experience as a freelance business owner. Through my company, Edits, Full Stop, I edit and proofread technical, legal and creative documents, improving them substantively as well as grammatically. This experience has deepened my commitment to the process of producing quality technical communication.
  • I was thrilled to learn about the conference, but as a student, it's going to be a little out of my budget without your help.
I look forward to talking with you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment